Here is Tashfiq Rahman, born on Oct 2006, weighing 6 kilos. Father’s email after the delivery was: “Women go through a lot to give birth to a new life. My respect for women went even higher and no relationship compares to motherhood “.
I received this wonderful picture from my ex-colleague, a picture taken with his three month old son, on a balcony, overlooking the city. The picture was well taken. With my inherent speculative nature my first impression regarding the shot was of a father ready to protect and bless a son who is soon to grow and adapt to the world he is born into, to life and its changes. It appeared that this dad here will make it easy for the little one all the way. (Though the real story behind the scene made me laugh out loud, for it was as far from my imagination as deemed possible).
As observed lately, I realized how involved fathers are with their children’s upbringing these days. Men are surely taking more interest in this new millineum in the upbringing of their children as opposed to earlier days. This is good news for the next generation because numerous studies have emphasized that fathers' availability and involvement reduce aggressive behavior in boys. Meaningful paternal involvement also improves the well-being of younger children. Fathers' expressiveness and intimacy with their children appear to have the greatest long-term implications for children's development'. Read more on fatherhood at :
My heartfelt wishes today is to fatherhood, through a poem dedicated to the new fathers of the year and would-be fathers for the following year. Here's to christmas spirit and parenthood.
Lord I'm askin’ for Your help, To raise my newborn son, Give me strength and guide me, ‘Cause I know that You're the one..
That sent this angel to me, A little heaven here on earth, For now I know my place in life... I'm no longer who comes first.
Once I had no answer, As to why it is I'm here, But when I looked into my baby's eyes.... It all became so clear.
This little bit of heaven Owns me, heart and soul, And it's You that sent him to me, A greater love I'll never know.
So take these rugged hands of mine, Help me to understand, Just what it is I need to do, To raise this little man.
My nephew: Marfiq Abdul Haque at birth with his proud father


No comments:
Post a Comment