The first day of Falgun is marked with colorful celebration of the advent of spring. Traditionally, women wear yellow saris to celebrate this day. As the country celebrates this day with cultural shows, musical programmes and merriment welcoming spring, the fairer gender in my office today wore yellow saris and shalwar kameezes.
I looked around and realised one thing. People look good in yellow so the ad hop of childhood days "yellow yellow, dirty fellow"definitely does not hold true. I still remember how my roommate in college days had termed yellow as a happy color. She had made us buy yellow bedspreads, yellow curtains and even had a bright yellow smiley on the mirror atop the wash basin. Every morning, when I would brush my teeth the nice smiley would stare back at me making me grin. Surprisingly today I was going through an article on color symbolism and there it was, under color therapy yellow was said to “energize, relieve depression, improve memory and stimulates appetite”
The color yellow is vibrant, for those interested in such things, the yellow rose denotes Joy, Gladness, Friendship, Delight, Promise of a new beginning, Welcome Back, Remember Me, and Jealousy and "I care".
Happy Falgun Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment