Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Build Your Own Castle

At the end of the day faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don't really expect it. It’s like one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. And it’s not so important happy ever after, just that it’s happy right now. See once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you, and once in a while people may even take your breath away.

Today, an HR manager and a friend took my breath away for sure while we were having lunch at a Mexican restaurant. Suddenly, she commented on how she felt I could achieve and accomplish so much more if I only tried. I regarded her abrupt compliment with interest. It was a statement, it was an encouragement and it was an observation of my worth. I opened my mouth to comment, closed it and opened it again and than gave up trying to be a fish. She meant well, but the fact is, I am quite happy and content where I am unless a wind blows me away. So I smiled, said thank you and drank my soup.

The thing is, we all have a blueprint of the castle we all eventually want to build, somewhere along the story of building it, if changes are required to form a better looking castle than ideas are always welcome. But if we ever give our blueprint to another person not related to us, chances are, our castle will look way different than what we initially wanted it to be. It might look better, or it might look worse, but the bottom line is, it will not look or feel completely like our castle.

So, I believe we should have faith in ourselves, to build a castle or a number of castles, because no matter what it might look like in the end, it’s ours and we are the king or queen who owns it and there is no happiness that can surpass that feeling. So build your castles, albeit slowly but don’t give your blueprint away.

No comments: