Saturday, April 14, 2007

Bengali New Year 1414: A personal glimpse

Motto: Never give up!
Memorable Moments: Best new year in the last five years! Woke up late, gave up trying to wear a sari and visit a parlor to have a Bengali new year hairstyle. Was late for a corporate lunch. Taxi cab broke down in the middle of the road, forgot to carry a hair brush along, so I had my hair flying like a flag all over the place. Ran across the road to hail a rickshaw which had a sliding seat so I had to really hang on tight to a frail hood.
That was the bad part, than came the good part.
* Attended the wonderful free corporate lunch with my close friend Imti on the occasion of Boishaki at Lake Shore hotel. A complete four course meal consisting of at least 20 "barthas". I have to watch my weight again!
* Wore bright red to commemorate this auspicious day. I guess the red shalwar propelled the sales manager at the hotel to "pass on" the bouquet of flowers to wish me a bengali new year.
* Met up with Sabiha and Munta along with Imti and celebrated this day over sumptious coffee mocha at Bon Cafe.
* Came to office to work on a project, which I could not have done at home otherwise.
Still Have to:
* Have dinner with my troupe Rica and Co.
* Complete office work so that I can have free time to have fun at the office New Year celebrations to be held at the office tomorrow where I do have to wear a sari.
* Spend some time with my parents tonight and perhaps share a little daily gossip.
* Complete my project work and study for an exam and a final project presentation tomorrow right after work.
Life is short, so with just a little time-management and priority based schedule, I am trying to adjust this Happy Bengali New Year day with memories to treasure. Lets hope I can sleep off the 'burn out effect' after a day!
Bengali Novo Borsho Wish: "Noboborsho apnader shundor jibone boe anuk anabil sukh ar sommriddhi. Shundor hok agamir dingulo, ei shuvo kamonai".

No comments: