Tigers roar, Bangladesh wins against South Africa in world cup cricket. Last night, a simple source of distraction led me to watching the cricket game on TV. Now, I should mention here that I am not even acquainted with the ‘C’ of cricket; football being more of a sport I had liked while growing up in West Africa where the game was more popular.
But, I watched cricket last night, just for a while. The playing was impressive and I was proud of our country cricket players and their playing skills, dedication and endeavor. My colleagues came to work this morning with heavy laden eyes and a happy satisfied stance so rare on Sunday mornings that it vied my pride a notch higher. Our finance manager treated us to sweets and shingaras marking it with the spirit of celebration.
Last night I had asked my dad to explain some of the cricket terms including Overs, Innings and wickets to me and felt good about knowing something about this sport, finally. A resolution for the day is to learn all I can about this game in the shortest time possible; Cricket is a game that is presently, such a pride and joy of Bangladesh regardless of other issues plaguing the place that I think its imperative to know how it is played, even if the cause emanates from fellowship belonging.
“There are miles to go before I sleep……” – Robert Frost”
Another cause that made the 7th of April the luckiest no 7 of the month this year was when my
very own brother came away with an impressive first prize at the first National Corporate Go-Cart competition held yesterday. He won a huge trophy, which was almost half the size of my petite frame and a hefty prize money. He claims it was luck. He had no practice and had no idea he was a participant until his boss pushed him into signing in for the game. But, I believe it was more than just plain luck. It’s not easy winning a championship Go-Cart competition with 132 participants from different corporate houses, where some were perhaps more experienced at the game.
very own brother came away with an impressive first prize at the first National Corporate Go-Cart competition held yesterday. He won a huge trophy, which was almost half the size of my petite frame and a hefty prize money. He claims it was luck. He had no practice and had no idea he was a participant until his boss pushed him into signing in for the game. But, I believe it was more than just plain luck. It’s not easy winning a championship Go-Cart competition with 132 participants from different corporate houses, where some were perhaps more experienced at the game.
So, with twin cause to celebrate today, a spill over from last night, I wonder if that is ample excuse for not studying enough yesterday for an exam scheduled after work today. And, if I happen to do well, it shall most definitely be the result of a certain lady luck smiling down upon me!
No comments:
Post a Comment