Thursday, April 19, 2007

Miss You: Babies and All

Here is a picture of me on a tiny temporary island formed in the middle of the Jamuna river taken two weeks ago. The calm atmosphere captured in the picture had instilled in me a feeling of extreme harmony and peace and had assisted me to overcome the stressful workload this forthnight.
But suddenly today, amidst the rush of daily life, I missed having my old and dear friends from school around me, especially the ones who live so far away from this place and city.
The thought was triggered when I received four baby pictures today. One from each of my close friends and relatives. And suddenly, I missed them all. The young ones who have turned out looking just like their parents, the parents who want me to go and visit them and the relatives who assume I dont have enough time to miss them.
So, here's a note. No matter how busy my life might get, there will always be a time when a void will be felt and I will reminisce those good old school days and those good old school friends. So now, no matter where they are, in my mind's eye, they are the same as ever, a walk through memory lane will always bring them in tune with my thoughts. After all, no one knows what tomorrow will bring. “Que Sera, Sera” (“What will be, will be” ).

No comments: