Thursday, October 25, 2007

Karmic Friendship

Birds of the same feather flock together. But, when the birds flock together in the midst of the most interesting situation and what could be casual turns into a close friendship, than its worth much more than just flocking together. I have been luckily blessed with good friends all my life and they are all special. But Imti is one of the most special people I had met.
I and Imti met on the dance floor on a fated New Year’s Eve almost three years ago and thus, began a friendship that evolved over the years. And now, Imti is one of my closest friends and confidante. Not only did I have the most eventful life after meeting him, but my life sparkled with few good charms too, finally culminating in the phase where I met my other half. With little twists and turns in our lives ever since, we have now simultaneously, both reached a phase where we are, in our own way, looking forward to a turn of events that will take us through substantial change in our lives.
It suddenly made me wonder, yet again, of how some people come into our life for a season, some for a reason and a few for a lifetime. This is the first time ever, that someone has apparently made a difference by being in my life for all three – season, reason and hopefully will stay a lifetime.
One thing both I and Imti have in common: Two shiny front teeth, completely surgically installed.
One thing we discovered recently: I am soon going to be his niece. (Touch wood)

No comments: