Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Memoirs - Part I

A lot has happened in my life ever since last year. For starters, I am now a married woman waiting to join her husband abroad in hopefully, a weeks’ time.
Marriage to me, to begin with, never started with the things that I had in mind. There was no lighting striking or thunderbolts rolling in the sky the first time I laid eyes on my other half. Instead, I clearly remember lots of moments to be highly recommended to willing couples on the verge of tying the knot.
We took our time to decide. And finally when we did, we did not have months and months of planning phase with me dreaming of the trimmings and flourishes that would decorate my wedding day. Instead, in its place, the reception took place in a fairytale setting of a mini garden party with flowers hanging down from the trees, courtesy of my sister in law who did a better job at the decoration bit than we all did at the actual wedding. The guests were enthralled with the romantic setting and one even sighed with the beauty of the overhanging foray of flowers hanging over in a tree beneath which we sat. So, here I am, happy that I didn’t have a crystal ball like the one I had wanted, to tell me what to expect. If that was the case, I would not have been happily surprised with all that I discovered about marriage till now. Each day is like a discovery channel and I am ready to turn into a couch potato with my heart and soul fixed on seeing how it unfold more surprises and mysteries.
Here are some things that have provided a pathway to bliss.
A pair of simple gold earrings.
A plate of spinach spagetti with roasted duck certainly play a big role in us being together today.
And this strawberry drink was the one that made me realize I was allergic to strawberries. The most important thing was not the drink itself but where I had it that mattered.

No comments: