Another incident rocked my conscious mind today as I opened another book to read. It was the Dan Brown's famous book "Da Vinci's Code" which I hadn't finished the last time I had started reading it more than a year ago. As I was flipping the pages, a picture fell out, I picked it up and stared at my dad smiling back at me in print.
In the beginning of the previous year, I had gifted my parents a holiday voucher for their marriage anniversary to the beach. This particular picture was taken with a young boy from the hotel, who had helped him and mom get beach chairs and ran small errands. The photograph was taken on the beach with my dad smiling and the boy smiling beside him. Somehow I had ended up using this picture as a bookmark for this particular book.
Now, all I could do was gape in surprise at the picture and wondered if he was trying tell me something. I looked at the picture for a long while and than carefully tucked the picture in my purse.
For now, I am adding a poem in memory of my dad on this friendship day. A day to be with friends and celebrate love, friendship and happiness. For me, I lost a great friend a month back, a friendship that is totally irreplaceble. This poem was sent to me today by Asha, a friend I had recently made in Hong Kong. I read the poem once, read it twice and reread it again thinking how true.
Those who have a father, love him while you may.
For we wish with all our hearts, that ours were here today.
A heart of gold stopped beating. Two laughing eyes at rest.
God broke our hearts to prove, he only takes the best.
For what it meant to lose him, no one will ever know.
Love in death should let us see what love in life should always be !
No comments:
Post a Comment