"Just when I got all the answers of LIFE,
they changed the question..."
Have you grown up making plans in life that does not apply once you get there? How many times have we seen things we always wanted to do and once we got there, it didn’t give us the same picture that it painted for us before? How many times have we made plans that were not needed to be planned? How many of us have wanted to see Taj Mahal in winter but didn’t expect the coldness of the marble?
What do we do when we are in such a dilemma as to being in the middle of life’s transition and changes? We have to read a good book called “Who Moved My Cheese” by Spencer Johnson. This profound, yet simple story tells of how to prepare for changes, how to make successful changes in life and how to overcome stenotype behavior in a simple way.
Twists and turns are good examples of my own life. I always wanted to be a teacher when I was young. Most children like that position of being big and powerful. My brother in fact, wanted to be Superman. The only difference is that when I did finally became a teacher; I realized that the rules had changed. Being a teacher was no longer as appealing as it was when I was 4yrs old.
So the next best thing to be was a computer expert. Armed with glee, the proper education background and eons of zeal, I went overboard and got a degree and a post graduation in that tech stuff. Until, finally when I was ready to work I realized that the job market had drastically declined over the phase of time. Unfazed, I headed on and became a marketing professional and went overboard again and decided to support my career with a degree majoring in it. Now, I am quite experienced in life and its changes you might say. But no, just like anyone else, I plan for the future, but than even future changes, right? So while I was having lunch with my friend Meera today, who is, another example of a successful and happy victim of life and its changes, a certified biochemist who worked as a manager of a bank, studied in the IT field and now presently is an interior designer and a mother. We have made another deal to check out what will become of us in the next ten years.
In today’s world, businesses and lifestyles need agility, innovation, and growth, yet we’ve found that change often fails to happen because most people simply don’t want to change or they lack the skills to do it effectively. But what about once the change is captured? We pant and struggle trying to capture a particular niche, a particular position, overcome various obstacles to reach a certain point but than what? We have to move on, furthur, make more plans, sometimes we do not have the same spirit to enjoy it, savor it and relish it just the way we wanted to.
So, if you are one of the lucky few, whose life has turned out exactly the way you have planned it, you surely have cause to celebrate, for now, you can change the course by adding on something else you might not have wanted to do, but now have been blessed with time to do it! Those of you a little behind, I see no cause to worry, its just a journey and you will be there soon without having to worry about the next course.
No comments:
Post a Comment