More than a month ago, my friend Imti tagged me with the Memeaphilia. The rules are simple…Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
I have to admit that this took me a long time to decide upon. I remember when, seven years ago, I had walked in for a job interview in Marketing and the first thing I was asked was to state out my weak habits and I had replied with stark confidence, “I don’t have any!” Needless to say, I got the job.
However, this time, I actually had to take a poll from my friends to find out what they hate about me and it was more difficult than I thought it would be. Like, how difficult is it for people to just say “ oh what’s not nice about you is….”, but everyone is very nice nowadays and are more subtle than they used to be when I was in school.
So finally, after deciphering nodes, stares and smiles with a few comments, I have come up with my list.
· Habit: Whenever I am in a new place or there is a special occasion I simply have to take pictures. I remember when I was young, I had this ridiculously huge lens camera with a gigantic flash and I made people pose for hours during the occasion to the point of frustration. However, it also means I have more childhood snaps than any of my classmates.
· Habit: I tend to forget names, faces and places where people work. I tried reading a book on it to improve my memory where we were advised to associate each new face with a word or a character and than link it to the name. It worked for a while until I forgot what characters I had associated it with. I had more difficulty remembering the words and characters more than the people.
· Fact: I am a tad too confident when it comes to decision making and proving points. I would lay the foundations of such a fact emanating in my life to my honorable friends who have been terribly supportive all my life to the point of even spoiling me a bit. Whatever I ever said always “seemed” to make a little sense or I just assumed it did. Sometimes it can make me a bit independent in nature. I just try not to let it bother other’s lives. In future, however, I will have to learn how to listen, cooperate and appreciate other's thoughts while and during decision making.
· Fact: I can appear to be utterly cold and unromantic when it comes to matters of the heart. Some might even call me a bit insensitive. The good point is that its just an exterior that I use as a shield sometimes to feel less vunerable.
· Fact: I am not easily flattered. In fact, too many compliments a day could actually turn me suspicious. Sincere compliments however, is another matter altogether.
· Fact: If I do not believe in a certain cause, nothing but blind love can allow me to join it.
· Fact: I am scared of anything that borders around Scary, Freaky and Horror encompassed. All my friends that had good reasons to cajole me to watch horror movies even on the tiniest screen possible have been duly disappointed. So please think twice. It won't be worth the trouble, I swear.
And finally....the eight one...
I think I will have to do another research to find that out.
No comments:
Post a Comment