As I worked with small children of the ages of 4yrs for the past two days on a voluntary basis I realized how sensitive and at the same time how "tough" they can be.
Today, while I was assisting a toddlers’ group in selecting different pictorial collections of consecutive actions I observed two things. The first one is that they expect appreciation from someone they love being with and two, if they don’t get attention followed by accolades in galore, they can actually hold back an eyeful of tears, multitude expressions of dismay, hurt and disappointment flashing across their face and lodging in a place in the tiny corner of their hearts.
And just as suddenly, they can forget their woe and their needs and start afresh with sudden spurts of interest, jump into another activity, reaching for another form of appreciation.
From my point of view, it’s great to feel like a kid, enjoying life, moment by little moments.
The best compliment I received in the past 24hrs was: “You can be a substitute for a teacher but no one can be your substitute”

No comments:
Post a Comment